Friday, August 23, 2024

My Eye Checkup

Google Maps
Today I went to the ophthalmologist for an eye checkup. I took a bath, dressed, and prepared to drive the car. I asked Usha to open the main gate so I could get the car out on the road. I launched the Google Maps app on my phone and began my journey towards Sector 46. It took me around 15-20 minutes to get to the clinic. I parked my car across the street and entered the clinic.
There were few patients, so I went to the receptionist and showed him my appointment ticket. He encouraged me to have a dilation session first and then meet with the doctor, but I refused because I arrived alone and the procedure would take two hours to complete. So, I requested to meet the doctor first.
Eye-Q Hospital
Sec-46
He went inside, and the doctor followed him out to call me for a direct consultation. The Doctor and I entered a room, and she requested me to sit in a chair on the far right of her desk. She then instructed me to place my chin on the machine's support so that she could plainly see the infection in my eye through it. After seeing, she got a tool with a bent end and began pushing it on the bulging infection in the corner of my eye, pulling out the puss. I felt some discomfort, but it disappeared gradually, and she gave me a tissue paper to wipe the area on my own. Then she prompted me to take the same medication she had prescribed previously and rewrote the prescription on new paper. I came out and sat in the car, satisfied that I had been treated properly.
And I used my phone's Google Maps app to go back home.

No comments:

Milk Thistle - Caution!

The workings of human psychology have always been something that has fascinated me, and because of this, I have always made myself the topi...